Exposed Nests was a two-part installation created by Jo Kori for art_house_life's group exhibition Imaginal Geographies as part of Ventnor Fringe 2018, with albedo marz and guest artist Jeremy Morgan.
'Exposed Nests' was a two-part installation created by Jo Kori for art_house_life's group exhibition 'Imaginal Geographies' as part of Ventnor Fringe 2018, with albedo marz and guest artist Jeremy Morgan. The wall drawings were made in red pencil and red charcoal dust applied with Q-tips, with terracotta thread.
'Exposed Nest 1: Deconstruction' was a drawing of a praying mantis nest directly onto the wall, with loose threads hanging down that blew in any breeze that came through the door. The threads entangled and created their own changing lines and shapes against the wall beneath the drawing.
'Exposed Nest 2: Dissection' was a drawing of a cross-section of a praying mantis nest directly onto another wall, with threads connceted to a number of drawings of praying mantises on an adjacent wall. The threads entangled and created their own changing lines and shapes against the walls.
VISITORS’ BOOK COMMENTS:
The following are a selection of comments made in the visitors book at the Imaginal Geographies exhibition at art_house_life from 08 Aug 2018.
- Lovely art, lovely house, and lovely view of the sea!
- Speechless! Had my annual fix!
- So refreshing to see genuinely excellent work; Love the hall installation - thank you Jo
- A fascinating encounter with extremely interesting people. Beautiful work
- Lovely experience, very interesting learning about the art in a beautiful house
- Amazing, thank you for sharing your art, philosophy and lives with us in a stunning space
- Lovely and wondefully interesting pieces. Loved having the interactivity with the artists too
- Really interesting to hear about the ideas behind the art. Diolch!
- Superb - all so professional, uplifting, disturbing and I admire you all. Art in all its forms must reign
- Wonderful imagination and most inspriational
- Love the string things
- Another smash hit - thank you for the wonderful talk as well
- Beautiful work in an equally beautiful space
- Thank you - truly an eye-opener
- Another inspiring exhibition. Love the praying mantises Jo - delicate dancers!
- Praying mantis nests...who knew?