Joanna is co-founder of art_house_life, a contemporary arts project based at 35 Madeira Road, Ventnor with fellow artist albedo marz.
Her professional experience and creative collaborations are linked by her commitment to learning as the basis for developing potential, ambition, creativity and imagination.
Joanna Kori creates installations that blend physical and digital experiences. Her suspensions and reconstructed forms are empathetic studies of contemporary working and domestic scenes and objects that open a lived space between self and the world. The spatial qualities of the objects and their relations to fragments of furniture intensify localities and invite narrative reflections. They form part of a process of remembrance and recollection, an extracting of the significant from the transitory and the ephemeral.
An important part of Kori’s art practice is drawing as a time-based activity. She uses a variety of media and methods including interactive digital elements such as QR codes and mobile apps to give people the choice of how they would like to experience her installations - in silence or with soundscapes. She also provides online access to videos and animations about her working processes and ideas.
Joanna Kori has a BA in Fine Art from the Ruskin School of Art, Oxford University, and an MA in Photography from the Royal College of Art, London, UK. She was a finalist in the Jerwood Sussex Arts prize in 2010, and winner of the Quay Arts Biennial Open Exhibition in 2015. She lives in Ventnor, Isle of Wight and is co-founder of art_house_life, a contemporary arts project based at 35 Madeira Road, Ventnor with fellow artist albedo marz.
- July 2019 'Wallpaper' - art_house_life as part of Ventnor Fringe
- Aug 2018 'Imaginal Geographies' - art_house_life as part of Ventnor Fringe
- Mar 2018 'Missing' - art_house_life
- Aug 2017 'Electric Dreams' - art_house_life as part of Ventnor Fringe
- Jan 2017 'Future reCollections - solo show Quay Arts
- 2015 Shortlisted e-Learning Award, Best use of Blended Learning 2015
- 2015 Winner Quay Arts South Open Biennial, Awarded Solo Show for 2017
- 2013 Brandon Hall Bronze Award, Best use of mobile learning
- 2010 Finalist Sussex Arts/Jerwood Gallery Prize
- 2010 Brandon Hall Silver Award, Excellence in Learning
- 2009 e-Learning Age Bronze Award, Best Learning Game, Simulation or Virtual Environment
- 2005 IVCA Silver Award, Interactive Media Publishing
- 2004 WOLCE Winner, Generic Solution of the Year
- 2004 WOLCE Online Solution of the Year
- 2001 Winner, US National Parenting Center Award
- 2001 Best Children's Vacation Product, Dr Toy Award (US)
- 2001 Winner, Review Zone's Best of 2001 Software
- 1999 BIMA Award, Highly Commended
- 1994 RCA Photography Dept Travel Award
- 1994 RCA/IBM Direct Billboard Design
- 1993 Polish Govt Postgraduate Scholarship
- 2011-13 Post-Compulsory PGCE (M-level), University of Brighton
- 1992-94 M.A. Photography, Royal College of Art
- 1989-92 B.A. Hons Fine Art, Oxford University
- 2017-to date Learning & Development Manager
- 2009-to date Artist Educator (community/schools/galleries)
- 2002-2017 Digital Learning Consultant
- 2003-06 Interactive Instructional Designer/Animator
- 1995-2002 Animator/Games Producer
- 1998-2001 Head of Animation/Learning Technologies Designer
- 1995-98 Video Editor
- 1993-94 Visiting Artist/Lecturer (UK, Italy & Poland)