You are here
What kind of Web Cookies do we use?Updated Wednesday 16th November 2016 - 2:59 pm
When you use Joanna Kori Products and Services, the following 5 categories of cookies may be set on your device:
1. ‘Strictly necessary' cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up PIN protection on Joanna Kori (joannakori.com) , cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
Some examples of these essential cookies include:
- Remembering previous actions (such as text you've entered in a registration form) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
- Identifying you as being signed in to Joanna Kori (joannakori.com) and other Joanna Kori websites and keeping you logged in throughout your visit so that you don't need to sign in each and every time you visit.
- Remembering security settings, such as parental PIN control, which restrict access to certain content.
2. Functional cookies
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means I can't identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you've been on the internet, but do help with serving advertising.
Joanna Kori use these types of cookies to improve your experience with our Products and Services. Some examples of how I do this include:
- Remembering your preferences and settings. This might include playlists, favourites or specific settings that you have chosen for the layout, text size and colours used on a website.
- Remembering your place in a video if you leave before you've finished watching an article, so that you can pick up where you left off the next time.
- Remembering if we have already asked you if you want to fill in a survey or if you've completed a survey, so you're not asked to do it again.
- Remembering if you've already visited joannakori.com before so that messages intended for first-time visitors are not displayed to you.
- Remembering when you've voted in a poll or rated a product or article so that you don't do this more than once during your visit.
- Restricting the number of times you're shown a particular advertisement. This is sometimes called ‘frequency capping'.
- Working out when to show you advertisements for Joanna Kori (joannakori.com) goods and services so that you don't get shown too many.
- Supporting social media components, like Facebook or Twitter (where a website uses a plugin from these third party platforms, for example).
If you have any further questions, you can contact our support team here.
3. Analytics cookies
In order to keep Joanna Kori (joannakori.com) Products and Services relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytical services to help us understand how people use them. For example, we can see which parts of the Products and Services are most popular, identify which rich media elements have been watched online, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These web analytics services may be designed and operated by other companies on our behalf. They do this using small invisible images known as "web beacons" or "tracking pixels" that may be included in our Products and Services. These are used to count the number of times something has been seen. These web beacons are anonymous and do not contain or collect any information that identifies you.
Cookies allow web analytical services to recognise your browser or device and, for example, identify whether you have visited our Products and Services before, what you have previously viewed or clicked on, and how you found us. The information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes. It allows us to track information, such as how many individual users we have and how often they visit our websites. It also helps us to analyse patterns of user activity and to develop a better user experience. For example, we might see that many people who viewed Page A also viewed Page B and we can then recommend Page B to everyone else who viewed Page A.
4. Targeting cookies
- Cookies may be placed on your device by our third party service providers which remember that you have visited a website in order to provide you with targeted adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests. This is often called online behavioural advertising (OBA) (also known as ‘behavioural targeting' or ‘interest based advertising') and is done by grouping together shared interests based upon previous web browsing activity. Advertising may then be displayed to you when you visit Joanna Kori (joannakori.com) Products and Services which matches these interests. Your previous web browsing activity can also be used to infer things about you, such as your demographics (age, gender etc.). This information may also be used to make the advertising on Joanna Kori (joannakori.com) Products and Services more relevant to you.
- Personalised retargeting is another form of OBA that enables our advertiser partners to show you adverts based on your online browsing away from Joanna Kori (joannakori.com) websites. For example, if you visited the website of an online travel company you may start seeing adverts from the same travel company displaying special offers or showing you the products that you were browsing when you come to our websites. This allows companies to advertise to people who previously visited their website. These cookies will usually be dropped by third-party advertising networks, such as Criteo, Rubicon and Vibrant Media. A list of our main advertising network partners is set out in section 5 below.
Although these cookies can track your visits around the web they don't know who you are. Even if you sign in to Joanna Kori (joannakori.com) , the OBA data is still not linked to your profile.
Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests. If you would like more information about OBA, including how to opt-out of these cookies, please visit www.YourOnlineChoices.com .
5. Other third party cookies
Please note that on some pages of our websites you may notice that cookies have been set that are not related to Joanna Kori (joannakori.com) or our authorised service providers. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Facebook, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. These anonymous cookies may be set by that third party to track the success of their application or to customise their application to you. Joanna Kori (joannakori.com) does not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these cookies.